Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 extension redirects on outbound calls to a particular number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
Have a site that when one extension dials a particular number he gets redirected to an AT&T network access prompt instead of to the party he was trying to call.
If the call is placed from another extension it works fine.
If I call the number through the system via Remote Access, it works fine.
So it appears that it is only if the call is placed from his extension number that it happens.

The system uses a PRI for trunk service.

The system is an S8300/G700 R3

Thanks in advance for your help!

Command: list trace station xxxx (xxxx is the caller's station)

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Thanks. I tried that already.

Everything looks normal on the trace.
I can see the station go offhook, the setup digits (they are correct), calling number, etc.

It seems that AT&T is "intercepting" the call and redirecting it to another destination but only if the call is sourced from that particular extension.

I can post the trace if needed.

Check the public numbering for the user and see if they are sending the same as everyone else.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Yes.
There is a single entry in the public unknown numbering form for all extensions.

All all extension in the same Network Region and TN?
If so, then it sounds like time to get AT&T on the line, and have a tech see what they see when that extension makes that call.

Yeah, I was afraid of that.
They are all in the same network region and tn.
It's a smaller site, only about 25 sets all in the same building.

Thanks for the replies guys!
I'll update what I find out.

I ran into a problem where on pri's, where some extension's would go to a network prompt if they were dialing a long distance number. If you stayed on the call and followed the instructions you would get a live person. This happened after we had turned on sending out clid to the network. Some numbers in the system had not been programed in the co as having a long distance provider assigned to them. You could probably test by changing the clid for that number to one that works and see if that is also your problem.

That appears to be the problem.
I changed the outbound clid to the primary listed number and that extension is able to dial LD calls ok.
I am having the LD carrier look in to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back