Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 access user at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappe7

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
US
howdy friends,

with my internship coming to an end it is fitting i need the forum for one last piece of help. We have created a database and placed in on the network dive to allow multiple users within the group to have access to it. there is a security issue because we only want 1 person at a time opening the database. if 2 users have the DB open at the same time huge problems could occur. is therre a way to limit the open privlege to only one at a time. i want to "lock" the file if it is already open. i have tried the exclusive seetting but it does nothing since the DB is on a local network drive on not on someones computer. we need 1 user access for a networkrd database, this has to be available. thanks for all the help.

Ed the intern

It does not matter if you are networked. Setting default usage to exclusive rather than shared prohibits access from creating an ldb file. Without an ldb file multiple users cannt open a databse. Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back