Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 800 number isps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zugdud

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2003
US
Does anyone know of any 1 800 number ISPs? or if they even exist at all? I am trying to provide a way for remote users to have a single number they can dial that won't incur toll charges and provide them with an internet connection so they can vpn tunnel to the office.

Zugdud
Check out Bam Net at I use it when out of towwn and it works very well. We also use it as a back up to our customers own ISP when it goes down.
Hope this helps.
Magnificent

If you are in the Northeast, Verizon has dialup access using a special access number (500) 699-9900 this is a toll free call from Verizon based phone lines. It just works out that the majority of phone lines are Verizon up here so it works just fine for 2 out of 3 of my remote users in Maine. 1 of them just happens to be in the most remote location of the state so I got him a pre-paid AT&T account that has and 800 line, but uses up the time 4 times faster while using that toll free solution. Also VPN connections were not possible using the AT&T dialup account, but fine with Verizon dialup access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back