Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1.8 citrix server administration appliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn312

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
When I try to open the Citrix Server Administration application from either the start menu or from the tool bar CPU usage goes over 90% and the application never opens past the collecting information screen. When I end task the the CPU drops down below 5%. We are on Win NT sp5 with dual processors and 512 Ram.

Thanks in advance, Thom

Which Metaframe Service Pack are you running?

Is there a reason why you are at SP5 instead of SP6 for TSE?

512Mb RAM is quite low for a Terminal Server - have you considered an upgrade?

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

This machine is the red headed step child. People use it but they don't like it. It's my job to make it work so well that we can justify purchasing a new system. Will installing SP6 help this issue? I will run SP6 tonight.

We're not going to spend money upgrading this machine but we are going to spend money to make sure the technology works for us. Once that happens we will get a brand new box with win2k and setup citrix XP

I had the exact same problem after renaming the (NT4)machine and inserting it into a domain. Also the application manager would hang on loading.

Removing it from the domain caused the Application Manager to load, but display the applications with a question mark on them and told me they were read only. Administrator program still hung on startup. I did notice in the system registry the Application Manager settings for the apps, listed under keys named as the machine name. Didnt try renaming these, however I suspect this may have resolved the application issue.

Renaming the machine to it's original name resulted in the Application Manager working correctly, however the Administration program still hangs on startup with ~85% CPU utilisation after a few seconds.

I suspect this system has never had a Citrix service pack applied. (I didn't set it up and only just taking over management of it). I have previously patched it to MS SP6 for TSE.

I'm going to install Citrix SP4 and see if that resolves the issues....

Installed Citrix SP4 and.. it works. Guess this is the solution. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back