Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0x80072f0d when trying to Windows Moble ActiveSync to EX2007 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornakmf

Technical User
Aug 21, 2007
So I decided to cough up the $$$ for a certificate to simplify the SSL requirements for Exchange 2007 SP1.

I upgraded to SP1 which now requires certificates.

I installed the certificate and configured the server for SSL. OWA using SSL works fine and the certificate presents itself OK without any error.

Now when I try to sync my PocketPC Moble 6 phone with the exchange server I am getting the following message on the phone...

"The security certificate on the server is not valid. Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server."

Support code: 0x80072f0d

I tried copied the exported .cer file to the phone and installed it. It shows up in the certificates under the Intermediate tab.

I also made sure the certificate was installed in the roots of the Exchange server as outlined in...

There is no helpful information from Microsoft on this error.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back