Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0x80040154 Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhansomme

MIS
Mar 12, 2012
JM
Hi,

I'm having a problem. The issue is with an application. Whenever I do open it, I receive a message saying 'OLE error code OLE object is being ignored. I'm just a normal person who uses the computer to get simple tasks done. I don't know what any of that mean. What does that message mean? Is there anything wrong with my computer hard drive, hardware or maybe the software? Let me know please. SIMPLE ways to fix this problem would be appreciated.[ponder]

Thanks, 

You should really post this to the relevant OS forum. Anyway 80040154 means class not found.

1) Which Windows OS is this for
2) Is it the first time you are running this application - if it is, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
3) If it is not the first time, check what has been installed recently, esp OS updates.

Hello,

I just saw tech tips so I thought everything was cool. My bad.
Anyways, my computer is a Windows 7. Yes it's the first time I am running this application and I have not tried uninstalling it.

Has W7SP1 been installed? Some packages will only work if SP1 has been installed.

I just saw tech tips so I thought everything was cool
It is cool, there are just more than one forum here at tek-tips ;-) This is the PC hardware forum. The Windows 7 forum can be found here:
forum1726

Also, at the top of the page, if you change the dropdown to "Find a Forum", and type a search term, you can find other forums here.

Yes it's the first time I am running this application ...
Rather than go to the Windows 7 forum, I would suggest you go to the help/support section of the developer of "this application", or do a web search for help for "this application". There are many applications with many add-on classes and OLE objects, and that error doesn't necessarily involve Windows 7 at all.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back