Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0x8004010F The operation failed. An object could not be found. OAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevens

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2001
US
I just ran across this issue and was banging my head for days until I stumbled across the fix. There are all sorts of posts on this issue without this fix so here it goes.

When performing a send/receive in Outlook the following error will occur.

task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Additionally, if Outlook is in "cached exchange mode" the changes are not seen or represented in the address book such as new user accounts or accounts that have been renamed.

I had done all the normal checks on the OAB, rebuild, make sure the global address list shows up in the OAB, made sure all public folders including the OAB system folder were replicating to all appropriate servers etc, etc, etc.

The fix for me was to navigate in Exchange System Manager to:

Exchange Org - Administrative Groups - First administrative groups - Servers - Your Server - First Storage Group - Mailbox Store

Properties of Mailbox Store and make sure your Offline Address List is populated with for me "offline address list".

I performed a migration from SBS2003 to a full 2003 STD server and full Exchange 2003 server and this must have dropped off at some point.

Jason Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back