Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0KB in .doc & .xls files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faheem786

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
HK
Hi,

One of my friend's PC got affected with dangerous viruses & trojans. He installed some anti virus programme and scanned and deleted all the virus it reported.

He got 100s of word & excel files in the My Documents folder. But the sad part is all these files are 0KB or 1 KB which should supposed to be in more than 100KB each file

When I open the files nothing is found. It's very sad that he does not have any backup

Anyway to retrieve these data?

Thanks a lot for your time & help

Faheem
Hong Kong

Data recovery is a challenging and expensive process. It sounds hopeless, but there are companies out here that are specialized in data recovery.
If you plan to engage such a company, make sure you turn off the machine ASAP so all (hidden) data is retained.
Don't count on it being cheap... I believe that you will probably be charged around $100.- per Gigabyte of recovered data (If there is anything to recover that is).

Please correct me on the price if you have more up to date prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back