Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

09:33:18 LOG0003 VTM: ITG3006 Unexpected state encountered: vtmE2Driver.c, 2188, 21 (84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuevodia

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
US
I have a continous string of this errors in the Signaling Server console. Can anyone explaine me what wrong?? Need help!!

Based on the error sounds like you need to send it in to your vendor or Avaya (do you know if it is service impacting?). I would first probably reboot the device if you haven't already (of course under a maint window) SigServers are a little notorious for 'getting in a funk' and it is recommended to reboot them quarterly.

ITG3006 Unexpected state encountered: <fileName> <lineNumber> <state>.
Action: 1. Alarm may indicate random occurrence that is not service impacting;
note occurrence time and date for further follow-up. If any service-impacting
problems occur at the same time, further analysis is required immediately. 2. If
alarm persists, log into device and capture maintenance report log (if possible)
and send the text to Nortel support staff via email. Follow any steps described
above for the specific alarm.
Severity: Minor. Critical to Monitor: No

Had similar issue on r5.5 cppm sig servers. Found this on Avaya which fixed my issue.

Details

CS1000 Release 5.50J

oam> 02/08/2011 15:28:16 LOG0003 VTM: ITG3006 Unexpected state encountered: vtmE2Driver.c, 2371, 21 (84)

02/08/2011 15:28:16 LOG0003 VTM: ITG3006 Unexpected state encountered: vtmE2Driver.c, 2371, 21 (84)

System prints LOG0003 VTM: ITG3006 Unexpected state encountered: vtmE2Driver.c, 2188, 21 (84) on the ss tty.

If message log level not changed, it is impossible to work on the signaling server command line.

Customer uses SNMP traps and gets thousands of emails per day for this alarm.

Problem Clarification

Signaling server getting lot of ITG3006 errors.

Cause
In the newest firmwares, when an IP set changes its internal state, it sends General Information alarm UNIStim messages with type equal to 0x4. This type of General Information UNIStim is not handled on TPS side.
This causes the described "Unexpected state" alarm. Since there is no information and documentation how to handle such UNIStim messages on TPS side, it is best to just print debug syslog when the messages are received.

Solution
Install the patch MPLR30191 in Signaling Server to stop the error ITG3006

hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back