Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

024tdl add

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are not supposed to skip slots on a Magix system. Is there a reason slot 7 is empty? If not, I would add the 024tdl to slot 7. The only issue with doing that is that you will need to reprogram your messaging system as it will no doubt change the extension range. If you are not comfortable reprogramming the voicemail ports then I would put it to the right of the voicemail and hope for the best, but again you are not supposed to skip slots so it could cause issues.

Thanks a lot Telecomboy.
I have no ideal why slot 7 is empty !I dont want to reprogram the messaging system . Is there any problem to install 024 tdl on the right next to Messaging system ?( previous programming disturbed)

Do an inventory in Maintenance to see what the system thinks is in slot 7. If that happens to be a 024 and is in Maintenance Busy, put your card there and restore the slot. If not, put it in slot 9 and pray that the needed System Renumber does not wipe out Slot 7 and screw up everything downstream of slot 6.

Thank you very much Touch Tone Tomy
I’ll do system inventory tomorrow.
Stay tuned .

You might get better information using the WinSPM software to print a report, but from the screen shot it appears that the system knows that the slot is empty.

BACK UP THE SYSTEM TO THE PC CARD BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING

Power down, move the VM card to slot 7, power up, do a Board Renumber, and test the Voicemail after the system restarts. If it seems OK, do another backup (don't overwrite the previous backup), power down, add the new 024 in slot 8, power up, Board Renumber, test it out. If you're still good with the voicemail running in slot 7, you're good to go.

Hi TTT
Thank you for your help
"BACK UP THE SYSTEM TO THE PC CARD BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING" ?
you mean the "card" on the processor ?
I am a bit confuse.
Thank you

Hi TTT
As you said” don’t overwrite the previous backup “ so it’s mean the system give me the options backup 1 and backup 2.
Thanks in advance.

AutoBack1 and AutoBack2 are created automatically, depending on the system's settings for automatic backup (weekly or daily)

The other 3 are manual backups, or if no one has ever done a manual backup they will be blank. If they already have files, you should be safe to overwrite them since your system is working properly now. So, you overwrite Custom1 with your initial backup, move your VM card and test, if everything appears OK make your next backup on Custom 2. Add your new card and test. If you have to move back to where you had the empty slot you would restore from Custom1.

Hi folks
I just added 024tdl last night on slot 9 , system works like a champ plus new 024 , I tried to assign new X and mailbox on slot 9 and working fine .
I tried to move VM card to slot 7 and test ,it is not ok.(can't call messaging system)
I tried to install 024 on slot 7 VM card on slot 8 and test , it is not ok,(can't call messaging system)
I am not comfortable to set up VM system at this time so i install 024 on slot 9 (thanks God it's work)
Thank you very much TTT and Telecomboy for your help.

If you have (Or can get) WINSPM, by all means, do so. Then you can PRINT out all kinds of INFO and we can help with the VM setup as well.

It's really not that difficult, once you know the lingo.

Seeing stuff printed out can act as a Rosetta Stone in the understanding of the terms and names.

Good morning Merlinman.
I am thinking to get a laptop with window XP ( or win7?)then install WINSPM.
Thank you very much for your offer.
Have a great day.

Get XP. I did the same thing. You can get an XP laptop for cheap. WinSPM isn't compatible with Windows 7. Some folks on here have been able to get it working in xp mode, but I never could get it to reliably work. XP works everytime.

WinSpm works with any version of Windows.

All you have to do is set the COMPATIBILITY to Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I use it on Windows 10 all the time, but my old Laptop that I actually had to take to the field the other day, runs Windows 7. Still works fine there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back