Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

012E/ VS Mail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcaptech

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
US
Looking to see if any one has ran in to problems w/ Partner System, installing 2, 012e cards, in first 2 slots and unable to get the mail to work in slot 4 or 5, however I can put the VS mail in the first slot and it comes up and works fine,,,Is it possible a bad power supply on the 012 card? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

Hi there!

Double check which ports are assigned to Hunt Group #7 in the Partner ACS. If the correct ones are not there, the PMVS will not work.

Here is a link to Avaya's online guide for the PMVS R5.0. Looks at pages 200->204/274 for some examples of how to figure out the correct ports to put into Hunt Group #7 for some common system configurations.

Oh, I almost forgot, the PMVS should be in slot #4 as you have 012 modules in slots 1 & 2 and the ACS processor in slot #3. [smile]

What lights if any are on the voicemail? What ports are you assigning to voice mail? How many ports?

I'm sorry about now not being clear, the voice mail doesn't come up at all ,,, lights doesn't come on, and again if I put it in the first slot it works fine!

There are issues with ACS R1 and 2 with VS mails and 400 cards (the 400's need to be AFTER the VS mail)

There may be a similar interaction with 012s and VS mails.

Of course, to use the 012s in the first place, your ACS need to be an R6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back