Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

007 MLM 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiDesert

Technical User
Aug 20, 2004
US
refresh my aging memory....without replacing the hard drive..how do I get into the 007 mlm without knowing the
main password or reset the main pw....thanks

You can get into the console port through a serial cable. You'll need the hard disc serial number to log in (which you can also get through the 007MLM console port).

Once logged in, you can only print reports and review settings. You can't do any admin work. If you want to do admin stuff you'll have to get in through the back door.

I'm fairly sure that you and I have communicated before. I know I've seen you around a bit and you're definately one of the red hats.

I'm not hard to find. Why don't you drop me an email and I'll hook you up.

If you know the 6-digit serial# of the module and you are on-site. You can reset the admin mailbox log-in password to just# without having to connect to the RS-232 port. However, the 6-digit serial# may be wrong - if the hard drive has been replaced and the tech doing it - did not rekey the correct serial#.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

thank you both for your quick answers....
Dagwoodsystems...I can't post my email addy on this site.
how can I reach you...thanks again.

Bummer on the addy thing...I know. However, I understand that website references are OK.

Don't laugh, cuz it's worked for me for years. I let it all hang out at You should have not trouble whatsoever finding me from there.

I am also trying to reset Master Password with serial cable, but I am not getting the password prompt

1200,N,8,1 async.

You cannot reset the password thru the serial port.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Hey Tom.

Agreed. Use the serial connection to correctly identify the serial number to use IF the serial number on the 007MLM board label is incorrect.

Yeah - and if it is incorrect - he can't log in. If it is correct - he doesn't need to log in via the serial port.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

thanks for all your wisdom...I was able to get into the 007
and change the PW..
My new question is: when a CO line is programmed for PRINCIPAL USER to a specific station....with this release
1.2.....how do I program the vm to take this call and send
to a vm box..the manual doesn't address this issue or am I not reading it right.

As long as his/her extention is included in the voicemail cover group - if he does not answer the call within 3-4 rings - it should flow to his personal mailbox - assuming one has been setup.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

If an extension is programmed as the Principal User, all you have to do is put that extension or adjunct in Cover 30 and build a mailbox.

When several phones have an appearance of a particular line, the call (I'm told by Merlinman) will ordinarily land in the mailbox of the extension with the lowest logical ID. But that scenario can be controlled by using the Principal User feature, which effectively forces the call to follow the coverage path of the assigned station.

Adjuncts get immediate coverage. So if you wanted to have a particular line immediately answered by an Automated Attendant, you might consider assigning the line to an adjunct rather than a station.

Oh, and the line MUST appear on that station or adjunct and be set to ring (delayed or immediate); it won't fly if the line is set to -R.

as always thanks for your widom, I suspected as much...3rd
party vm systems do this....appreciate the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back