Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

‘Ghosting’ video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggsWolf

Programmer
Aug 23, 2002
CA
Hello, I’m having a rather odd problem with my monitor. I appear to be getting a ‘ghosting’ effect to the right side of every object on my display, an example would be my mouse curser. If I place it in the middle of my screen I can see a semi-transparent image if it a few millimeters to the right, again fainter to the right of that and so on, same with text and window borders. The problem gets worse at higher resolutions and refresh-rates. I have tried different video cards, O/Ss and taking my monitor in for repair with no avail and am wondering if this might be environmental, any help would be appreciated.

Hardware:
O/S: Windows XP, Red Hat Linux 8.0
Monitor: LG Flatron 995FT
Video Card: NVIDIA Gforce 2 GT with 32 Mb of RAM
Current Resolution: 1280 x 1024 at 70 Hertz refresh rate

My first guess would be some kind of interference, but I would first test a different monitor with your system to see if it could possibly be something with it, first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back