Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Call Logger - Customizable Call Logging Utility

IP Office Tools

IPO Call Logger - Customizable Call Logging Utility

by  Alfalis  Posted    (Edited  )
What is IPO Call Logger/IPOCL?

IPOCL is a Java based application (requiring a minimum of Java 1.6) which allows you to create call logs for one or several IPOs (SCN)

How does it work and what can I customize?

If SMDR is activated on the IPO it will send call information to a specific IP on a specific port.
IPOCL will open a port and listen for incoming TCP messages. On receiving a message IPOCL will convert this message
(which looks something like this: 2013/11/07 12:44:52,00:01:20,1,200,O,100,100,,1,1000077,0,E200,Test2,E100,Test1,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,)
to something more convenient like this: 2013/11/07 12:44:52 - Call from 200(Test2) to 100(Test1) - Duration: 00:01:20

Things you can customize via the settings file:
- port that is used
- location of the log file
- output format (include or exclude more or less information, move it around, add things like "Call from" etc.

What do I have to do for IPOCL to work?

1. Activate SMDR (System - SMDR) and set the port and ip the messages are sent to
2. Open the desired port on any firewall between IPO and the PC/Server running IPOCL
3. Configure IPOCL via the settings file (created on startup - a basic configuration is of course included)
4. Start IPOCL in the (very simple..) GUI version for example on your laptop
OR start it in the non-GUI version if you want to run it on a server for several hours/days

IMPORTANT: As it turns out in some specific cases (like calls over an H.323 Line - no SCN or standard conferences) the names of the two parties might be switched around or vary altogether, as far as I can tell the calling and called number are ok, though!

Note: If you want a continuous log for several hours/days I recommend Windows Task Scheduler (make sure you check "run independent of logged-in users". Usage of a Trigger is optional as you can always start the task manually. It is very important to use the non-GUI version if run by a task scheduler because (as far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong) most of them don't allow Pop-Ups or GUIs to appear. As the GUI contains a "Start Logging" button you won't be able to actually start a log without the GUI. In the non-GUI version IPOCL will automatically start logging on startup.
For server use I included a "StopIPOCL.jar" which will stop logging (as there is - again - no GUI with a "Stop Logging" button [wink])

Example scheduler action setup:
- Program: C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java.exe
- Arguments: -jar C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/IPOCL/IPOCL.jar
- Start in: C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/IPOCL

How can I report Bugs and/or suggest features for future releases?

Go to [link http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1721475]this[/link] thread - the FAQ you are reading right now has one nice little advantage over a normal thread: The option to edit the original post [smile] which is why I will use this FAQ for any release updates etc. and the thread for discussion/bugs/feature requests.

Download

http://www.alfalis.de/ipocl

Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back