Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser Error 15,004.45:.... Drum Pre-Heater

Xerox /Tektronix Phaser error

Phaser Error 15,004.45:.... Drum Pre-Heater

by  ivessm  Posted    (Edited  )
This error is caused by the drum pre-heater not working. Xerox replacement part is around $220.

BTW, the number after the : is the copy count so that number will be different on all printers with this error. The important numbers are 15,004.45

After checking into this fault I found that it was caused by 2 each 150 watt halogen bulbs in the drum pre-heater had blown out. I removed the pre-heater, removed the bulbs, and found replacement bulbs locally.

The repair was simple, easy steps to follow to get at the pre-heater and remove it. Pop the blown bulbs out, slip in the new bulbs (careful not to touch the glass on new halogen bulbs, don't want to put any oil on the glass), put it all back together and it's fixed.

You might see some info on this site about specific GE bulbs but halogen bulbs are halogen bulbs. As long as the wattage is the same your good to go.

If you need detailed instructions on getting to the heater lamp bulbs along with pictures (.PDF file) feel free to send me an email and I'll forward them on. Believe me, if you haven't done this before you need these instructions. I's easy, you can do it yourself, but a picture is worth a thousand words and its free.

email: ivessm@softecusa.com

Cheers mate.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back