Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in USA with DST

2Sdk2/95/97/98/99StarfishFAQs

Problem in USA with DST

by  james33  Posted    (Edited  )
Problems in the USA with DST Daylight Saving Time or Summertime and SK97 Internet Sidekick Sidekick98 Sidekick99(SK98 SK99) and probably Sidekick95

Go to View|Earth Time
Select another city NOT your home city and then right click on it and select Set as Local Time, then go to your home city and right click on it and select Modify City information....
Choose
Daylight Saving time Starts and ends on relative dates
Select the 1st Sun of March or whatever it is and then set the end time to whatever it will be and hopefully that solves it.
Then agree with the next dialog and then right click on your home city and choose
Set as Local time

To check it for each year I went to the following web page:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/rules/usa.htm
Which says the following:

DST Begins 2 a.m. (Second Sunday in March)
and DST Ends 2 a.m. (First Sunday in November)
So for the following 5 years:

2010 March 14 November 7
2011 March 13 November 6
2012 March 11 November 4
2013 March 10 November 3
2014 March 9 November 2
2015 March 8 November 1

Sidekick still surprises me and I would not have found that out without philipw2 here in Tek-Tips asking the question!

Funnily enough in Ireland we get an overlap when I have to put us down as being in London, because Sidekick seems to feel that DST should begin a week early for us here; now I can change that too!

We overcome another hurdle!
Regards All
Jim
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back