Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

---Sidekick99 has a problem after 2005/12/31

111ALL the Sidekick Downloads

---Sidekick99 has a problem after 2005/12/31

by  james33  Posted    (Edited  )
Dear All,
It appears that SK99 has a problem with ToDos after a certain date,
December 31st 2005.
This fact was brought to my attention by Robert M. Borg and the symptoms are as follows:
With SK99 the Due Date for ToDo's in the Calendar starts on 1980/01/01 and ends on 2005/12/31! No argument.. it just stops....

Internet Sidekick and SK97 have been the same as SK98, in that from Jan 2000 the Enter Date of ToDos showed 1992 and correspondingly this year shows 1996 but the Due Date showed the correct year.
After December 31st 2005, i.e. in 2006, the same thing happens with the Due Date as has happened with the Enter Date, in that it will revert to 1998 and in 2007 it will show 1999 in 2008 show 2000 and in 2009 ..2001 all of which makes the ToDo overdue and therefore displays it in Red, more than a little unfortunate.
Plus the Day that the ToDo is due, is also increased by exactly one day.

If you don't mind not being able to obviously make out your overdue ToDos, then the rest of the program should work ok, I am checking that out with my Laptop, by setting the date ahead in the next couple of days and will let you know.
Sidekick95 does not act any different except that I find the last digit of my Due Date or Enter Date does not appear at all and as I have my regional properties in the Control Panel for date set as yyyy/mm/dd it is a little awkward!

Obviously those of you with Sidekick99 will have to consider your options, especially as the Calendar in SK99 is not backward compatible.
You can open it in Sidekick98 or 97 but it shows the ToDos all on the same day and in Red too for some reason.
You can correct the date of the ToDo, but I am not sure about special days etc.

Those of you on Sidekick98 or 97 can carry on as usual with a few minor irritations or idiosyncrasies (depending on how you view it).
[color red]Short answer if you have Sidekick95 97 98 or 99 is to use the following work around.
The method is to type the due date thus 2006-01-05 (which would be correct for today) at the very beginning of the SUBJECT TEXT BOX in the ToDo or Call.

Events and their alarms do work ok AFAIK.

Todos and calls are also showing a DAY after the DATE

If you wish to sort your ACTIVITIES list by Date Due then assuming you have inserted the date as I suggested you can click at the top of the DESCRIPTION column.[/color]

Hope this helps for the moment

Anyone that has the knowledge or ability to produce a patch is welcome to post (the solution) but I suggest that any patch offered is first submitted for testing before its general release and only AFTER it has been approved by myself or another long term member here would I suggest installing it.
More news will be added to this FAQ as I get it.
Regards
Jim
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back