Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order of Operations Server Load for TM 3.0 (3.2 Not verified)

TM 3.0

Order of Operations Server Load for TM 3.0 (3.2 Not verified)

by  jadexing  Posted    (Edited  )
-I tried to respond to someone. My company abandoned TM moving towards OCS. Hopefully Micorsoft will have some good accounting software.

This is not entirely specific, but I would have found this helpful as it seems it is entirely easy to fail on an install of TM 3.0- you have to jump between documents, and this worked for me.

This FAQ is for clean install, just to get the box up and running to get to it with a web browser(not upgrades, or config of MAC work or billing after install). Of course your install may not be like mine, but I would guess most would be similar. I suggest that you have an administrative file system on your boxes, especially if you have multiple boxes and work with a vendor. My file structure will be at the end of the install doc.

--INSTALLATION FOR WIN2003K SP1--
1) Use Telephony Manger Nortel DOC 553-3001-230 (read hardware specs, but configuration starts on page 43).
2) Disable Automatic Updates in services, be sure to make sure the are not enabled again on start-up. Do not load TM.
3) Complete tasks on pages 43-45. Put local accounts on the server, (Right click on my computer, go to manage, expand the "Local Users and Groups" folder", double click users, on Right hand pane; Right click, add user. Make user an Administrator. Make sure you install with Admin Account.
4) Load and configure IIS on your server on page 228. Once IIS and FTP components are on the server, configure IIS *Or* use the configuration script at www.Nortel.com
Support and Training --> Tehcnical Documentation --> search on TM 3.0.

It just says "CONFIG TOOL" Type: Tools Status: Released Date: 2007-06-29

(failure to do so will cause the essential web portion of the tool to fail).
5) Install MS Office (Refer to Nortel P-2006-0204-Global; doc states Office should be loaded before TM).
6) Install TM; use custom install to include the Help files. They will be helpful when running TM. Use an Admin Account to load software. once installed, do not log onto TM.
7) Page 29 on Nortel P-2006-0204-Global; synch up IIS and Tomcat.Changing session timeout value in IIS:
1. Launch IIS manager
2. Right click on Default Web Site and select properties
3. Click on Home Directory tab
4. Click on Configuration
5. Click on Options tab
6. Set the session timeout and the ASP script timeout to the desired value (these values must
be the same). * I chose 1800 seconds to reflect the 30 minutes already in the web.xml file. Select Apply, and in the resulting window, Select All, click Apply, and click OK.
7. Restart IIS
8) Install Nortel PEPs and Patches (you must have the right credentials to get the Nortel Networks Solutions PEP Library). Also note the read me for patches states you have to disable ApacheTomcat in the Windows services and delete the "work" file under Nortel->Telephoney Manager-> Tomcat. Do not log on to TM.
9) Page 239 in Telephony Manger Nortel DOC 553-3001-230. Consider instruction set on page 242 for remote access into.
10) This next information is somewhere in the install docs , but can also be found at this post: thread798-1004740. I have posted this below for convience: thanks to sandyml!! (There is additional info omitted).

sandyml (Vendor) 13 Feb 05 9:04
Try this:

1. Reboot the PC and log in using the local admin account. Do not attempt to log into OTM.
2. Start --> Programs --> Administrative Tools --> Component Services
3. From Component Services expand the following folders --> Computers --> My Computer --> COM+ Applications
4. Right click and select properties of the OTM Application.
5. Select the Identity tab. Change the radio button from Interactive user to This User. Use the browse button to locate the Local Administrators account and select it. Input and confirm the password. Apply. Okay. Log into OTM.
11) Go into CND from the Start menu- check mark the two "unlimited" check boxes Serivce Configuration tab.
12) After all of this, I tried to logon the web and it was wankered. I ran the web setup script, and the web now works. Anyone get a fix for this, let me know.
13)Log on.

--Suggestion File Structure on C:--
TM_ARCHIVE
TM_BACKUP *note that a system backup should be copied off of the server
TM_CND_BACKUP
TM_NOTESnTEXTCAP
TM_PEPS_PATCHES
TM_REPORTS

Cheers and hopefully there will be less head aches for this, jadexing.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back