Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cool things that are as simple as CLS

__Tips from GHTROUT

Cool things that are as simple as CLS

by  GHTROUT  Posted    (Edited  )
Cool things that are as simple as changing the CLS
An Original Composition by Gene of GHTROUT.com

Sometimes system administrators are rushed through building phonesà things get overlooked and available features are never released. In this short refresher, IÆll go over just a few of the CLS entries old timers might not know exist, and hopefully get you interested enough to study the other 300 possibilities. (See the last section for a neat download). Here we go:

ARHA will remind users they placed a call on hold or that an incomplete conference hold is still waiting.

CFHA enables you to override Call Forwarded sets and continue ringing beyond the FNA timer. You need to create a Flexible Feature Code, so if only you know the code, it can be added to all sets, enabling only those with the code to use the feature.

LNA Last Number Redial. I mean, all your sets have this, right?

FITA û Digital Sets - Off-hook buzz repeats like regular ring. With so many headsets and so few handsets anywhere to be found, this is a nice feature and itÆs not too annoying. (Also add DBA to Customer Data Block OPT).

RNGB and RNGI - Whoa how about replacing CLS BUZZ with one of these. RNGB - Apply ringing (Yes, like regular ringing tone) when idle but off hook or busy on the other line. RNGI - Apply ringing when idle but off hook

XFR û Analog/500 Sets Transfer Restrict. This is one of NortelÆs greatest feature additions ever. Considering the previous two options were XFA ôHook Flash Allowedö, or XFD ôHook Flash and Ring the Attendantö. Can you imagine all the modem lines that kept tying up two lines or alternatively bugged the Operators if the timing was a little off? I could go on, but lets just agree I think it is great.

TDD û Display info for DNs other than Key 00 before the handset is lifted. I say never roll out CLS TDD without a test period. Add TDD to a department and see if ringing and display is affected. Trust me, I rolled it out to 2400 TNs and had a terrible day. Thank goodness for ProComm Scripts. Related to display, if you ever build a lot of digital display sets with the same DN on the same line card, you might notice the ringing and display canÆt keep up. Sets the CLS to DDS (Delay Display) and ringing returns to normal in many cases. But itÆs better to move the TNs across various loops and groups.

DDGD û Block your DN from showing to other sets. Caution. ItÆs really hard to test phones with this CLS since you cant ask someone ôwhat number am I atö û I suggest not using DDGD.

UNR or CTD. Does the user have any need to dial Trunk Route Access Codes? If no, then use CLS CTD. CTD is exactly like UNR during dial-9 BARS calls. It only restricts ôones and zerosö on direct dialed route access codes.

OK, this is a start. I hope this mini-list prompts you to read up on the other 300 or so possible CLS entries that exist. I have compiled a unique list of CLS entries and made it available at my web site. GHTROUT.com.. One last itemàôhow can I identify what TNs have a particular CLS?ö You can do that in LD81, requesting a ôcountö or a ôlistö of all TNs with a particular feature or CLS.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back