Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup call page network wide

Load commands

How to setup call page network wide

by  atascoman  Posted    (Edited  )
I recently networked 5 hospitals together via T1 TIE lines and one of the requests was for the centralized operators at the main site to be able to page at the remote hospital locations.

You have to have package 307 PAGENET installed on the PBX for this to work. To check this go to LD 22 and type:

REQ PRT
TYPE PKG

This will list all of your loaded software packages. If you are on a Succession 3.0 system I believe these are installed by default but it's a good idea to check.

You then need to make changes to your paging routes, D-channels and phonesets that will be performing the network page.

On the paging route at the remote site, you need to change the NACC prompt to either PGNC or PGNU. PGNC is if your TIE lines are digital trunks and PGNU is needed if you have analog tie trunks.

Then on the D-channel at each end of your TIE line you need to add NAC to the RCAP prompt.

Last but not least you need to add PGNA to the CLS entry of each phoneset/console that needs to be able to page over the network.You also need to make sure you don't have any TGAR/TARG conflicts with the phonesets/consoles and the TIE lines or paging route(s) at the remote end.

Once all of this is complete, you dial the access code for the TIE Lines to the remote site, then the access code for the paging system at the remote end. You can program a PAGE key on the console if you like or autodials to accomplish this for future use. On regular digital phonesets you need to program either autodials or hotline keys. As far as I know analog sets would have to dial the full access code string to use this feature.

Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back