Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't see all of the tables in my database when trying to create a report.

Viewing Objects in Crystal

I can't see all of the tables in my database when trying to create a report.

by  LyleU  Posted    (Edited  )

The number of objects (tables, views, sprocs, etc...)is determined by an entry in the Registry. (Of course, you must have the proper access to all of the tables in your database.) Here is some information, from the Business Objects Knowledgebase:

Cause:
The number of database objects returned to CR is determined by the setting in the Windows Registry. The default value for this registry setting is 8,000. You can change this default value by editing the Windows registry setting, NTablesMax.
NTablesMax - specifies the number of database objects to get a listing of from the database. Once this number is reached the listing of objects in Crystal Reports is stopped. Objects can include tables, views, synonyms and stored procedures.

Solution:
To access the NTablesMax item in the registry:
1. On the Start menu, click Run.
2. Type "Regedit", then click OK. The Registry Editor will appear.
3. Browse to the following folder:

CR XI Release 2
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

CR XI (Release 1)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

CR 10
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

CR 9
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\9.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

CR 8.5
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

4. In the right-hand window of the Registry Editor, double-click NTablesMax. The 'Edit DWORD Value' dialog box appears.
5. Select Decimal.
6. In the Value Data text box type "10,000". Click OK.
7. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your computer.

The next time you open Crystal Reports, you will be able to see 10,000 database objects

Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back