Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Document Tax Details to SOP Blank Docs

Report Writer

Add Document Tax Details to SOP Blank Docs

by  stu1984  Posted    (Edited  )
Knowledgebase article 860025 at https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPXNMNXSRWWMWKZRVOWPOYXMOVMPTSZUUV
describes how to add the Tax Detail ID to a SOP blank form, which effectively means adding all fields from the Tax Detail table; i.e. VAT registration number, VAT rate etc.

However the guide is ambiguous as to whether it refers to line item Tax Details or document Tax Details (seems to be the former). It tells you to join additional tables on Line Item Sequence, but leave the Tax Detail ID unlinked (when linking to the Sales Taxes Work and History Table, SOP10105). This leads to unexpected behaviour as we want the summary Tax Detail of the document, not that of individual line items.

As per this KB article (873931):
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYQLYTNSUKZPXKMUNVLZZURYTPXNSZTMNKKVTWLYMLMPWXQQRY
the summary is stored with a Line Item Sequence of 0 in the SOP10105 table and so is not included in our join with the Sales Transaction History.

On an Irish invoice with line items with GB tax details, I was only seeing the GB VAT Number and Rate on my client's reports.

The method that worked for me was to remove the link on Line Item Sequence between the tables described in the first KB article. Then to add a restriction to the report definition specifying that the Line Item Sequence on Sales Taxes Work and History should be 0.

Finally this gave me what I wanted: The Irish Tax Details on a document containing items set up with GB Tax Details where previously I could only see the GB details. Repeat for the other SOP Blank Documents.

Obviously, to get separate Tax Details for individual line items, the guide should work, but it doesn't when the document tax is not based on the line items but the customer record.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back