Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My HP Printer refuses to work correctly in Citrix - any ideas?

HP Printers Incompatible

My HP Printer refuses to work correctly in Citrix - any ideas?

by  Pinkman  Posted    (Edited  )
It is a disapointing fact that some HP Deskjet Printers do not have the correct drivers to work via citrix.

I have contacted HP about this and they openly admit that some of there drivers are incompatible with Citrix (Terminal Server).

I have had direct experience with the HP 800 series printers and can say without doubt that they are incompatible. Reading other posts and other responses it is safe to say that most HP Deskjet printers have problems printing via Citrix.

My suggestion is to stay away from HP Deskjet printers when printing from Citrix. Especially when they are "critical" printers. But, if you have already purchased an HP Deskjet printer that will not print - you can try installing different HP drivers. Yes, it is a guessing game - but it is the only option you have if you can't take the printer back for some reason.

I hope this helps everyone and if anyone else finds any other incompatibilities - PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!

Pinkman MCSE, CCA

Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back