Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed-up the process from AVI to MPEG-2

MPEG-2 Encoding for DVD

Speed-up the process from AVI to MPEG-2

by  robmcl  Posted    (Edited  )
I also prefer TMPGEnc for encoding (best quality I've found) and yes, it normally needs an uncompressed AVI (which I used to export from Premiere).

I have recently found a product/method called "frame serving". There are several products that perform this function as a Premiere plug-in. Basically, you "export" your timeline to this plug-in, then start up your TMPGEnc. The plug-in will literally "serve" each frame of your timeline from Premiere directly to TMPGEnc (hence the term "frame serving"). This completely eliminates the time (and disk space) req'd to export an uncompresssed AVI before encoding to MPEG. It does work...and very well!!

There are several products, but the one I like (and now use all the time) is called PluginPac FrameServer by debugmode.com http://www.debugmode.com/pluginpac/frameserver.php

Give it a try...you'll like it
Rob
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back