Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to program AA for external dialing

Voicemail Programming

How to program AA for external dialing

by  atdjr123  Posted    (Edited  )

This config is for single digit dialing to external number via AA. If IVR is already config'd you need to create a vitual ext. or ext.s depending on the number of paths needed for dialing external calls. Go to PBX add an extension. In the drop down menu select virtual extension and submit. Add extension example (400) and Description example (Path 1) and save. Next go to Follow me page
Follow me
Disable (uncheck) all calls to this ext.will use follow me settings
Initial Ring (1) number of rings before going to follow me settings
Ring Strategy (ringall-prim) this will allow ringing for primary only
Ring Time (20) this setting will determine the number of rings to external number before call is routed to Destination No Answer setting
Follow me list example (2155555555#)this is the external number to be dialed w/ Suffix#
Play Music on Hold? (ring) for ringing or MOH if uploaded
Destination if no answer example (IVR Day) or you can record a customized no answer message in system recordings and create IVR and select that to play. Next go to IVR Day
Enter digit to be used in your options window then select extensions and virtual extension 400 as your destination. Save config. You must also record this option in your IVR or IVR's. Example( dial 1 to reach our roadside assistance )
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back