Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Associating a single DID number with two Menu Node Mailboxes for separate Day and Night greetings

HOW TO

Associating a single DID number with two Menu Node Mailboxes for separate Day and Night greetings

by  kwbMitel  Posted    (Edited  )
Directly from Mitel TSB 05-5157-00002

Description/Symptoms :
By default, there are no scheduling capabilities associated with Menu Node Mailboxes in the 3300ICP. We can reroute an incoming DID number to a Menu Node Mailbox; however we can not alternate between day and night greetings. This Knowledge base article describes a configuration workaround that will allow us to play day and night greetings for an incoming DID.

Body/Solutions
For the purpose of this example, we will assume that the incoming DID digits are 8604.

Step 1: Create an appearance for DID 8604 in the system, for this example I created Hunt-group 8604

Step 2: Create two ACD paths. In this example I created ACD paths (8840) and (8843). You have to designate one ACD path to be used in day mode, and the other ACD path for night-1 mode

Step 3: In day mode, 8604 is call rerouted always to ACD path 8840, and in night-1 mode 8604 is call rerouted always to ACD path 8843

Step 4: create a fake agent group to use with the ACD paths created in step 2. Make sure to enable ôQueue Callers To Group When No Local Agents Are Logged Inö

Step 5: Create two phantom appearances in the system (ie, single lines). Make sure to call reroute always those phantom lines to the voicemail pilot number. In this example, I have created two non prime single lines 8400 and 8403 and I rerouted both DNs to the voicemail pilot number.

Step 6: In both ACD paths created in step 2, allow Interflow after 1 second to the phantom directory numbers created in step 5. Again, the idea here is to designate one ACD path to be the Day path and the second ACD path to be the night-1 path.

Step 7: In voicemail create two mailboxes for the interflow points, 8400 and 8403. Set the type of each mailbox to ôMenu Nodeö. Designate one to be the day Menu Node and the second one to be the night Menu Node. Login to each mailbox and record the associated greetings (open and closed greetings for example).

Step 8: Test this setup by dialing the DID number in day mode and in night-1 mode. Verify that the appropriate greeting is played.

Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back