Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to force users to enter their password each time they log into GroupWise.

Passwords

How to force users to enter their password each time they log into GroupWise.

by  MichiganRon  Posted    (Edited  )
Problem: Some of my users are saving their passwords so that they don't need to enter them when they log into GroupWise. This is a security risk and many of my users have forgotten their password.

I want to force my users to enter their password each time they log into GroupWise.

Solution: The following solution applies to GroupWise 6.0 and may need to be modified slightly for other versions.

1. In ConsoleOne select the Domain, Post Office, or User you would like this to apply to.

2. Click the Tools->GroupWise Utilities->Client Options menu item.

3. Click the Security icon.

4. On the Password tab deselect Allow password caching. This will prevent the "Save Password" checkbox from being clickable on the login prompt.

5. Next, deselect Allow eDirectory authentication instead of password to prevent users from using that option.

6. Finally, if desired you can deselect Enable Novell Single Sign-on to prevent use of that option too.

Deselecting these three checkboxes will force all affected users to input their password each time they wish to access their email.

NOTE: If your users have GroupWise Notify running, it may seem as though they can start the GroupWise client without entering their password. This is true only because they already entered their password when they started Notify.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back