Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New email icon wont go away.....

Novell: GroupWise

New email icon wont go away.....

by  sysman60  Posted    (Edited  )
I've had this problem myself on my own email account and I attempted many fixes but never was able to remove the icon. I didn't want to go through a rebuild so I looked and tried everything else that I could. The icon would go away for a short time at times but would always return.

A fellow GW Administrator sent the answer to me and it was much simpler than a rebuild.

To start we are running GW Client version 5.5.4.1. I dug out my copy of GW 5.2 and installed it to a virgin workstation (no previous GW install). I then confirmed that I had read or removed all unwanted emails from my GW 5.5 email account. I logged out of GW 5.5 then logged into GW 5.2. And there it was an email that I know I had read and deleted some time before was still sitting in my Inbox. I opened and deleted the email and logged off 5.2 and back into 5.5. The icon was gone and hasn't returned since.

This is a neat trick to keep in your notebook for the future.
Register to rate this FAQ  : BAD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 GOOD
Please Note: 1 is Bad, 10 is Good :-)

Part and Inventory Search

Back