Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zone paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne987

Programmer
Feb 21, 2004
US
Hi Guys, I have a new customer I just installed a MICS 6.1 CP150. Valcom 3 zone page. Right now I press F62/1/2/3/4 for zones or all page that works O.K. what I would like to do is put all page(phones) and all page(external speakers)under a button. Any ideas???

wayne987,
You could program a button Feature 631 and label it all page. I believe that will page everyones phone speaker and the external speaker also.
Dmac,

Yes I understand that portion but how do you program all page on the phones then select a zone from the Valcom unit and put it under a single button???

If you have 4 page zones, you would have to put Feature 60 on a button and then have the zone entered. Now as far as the Valcom page goes, that all depends on how it is set up. Can you give more info on how it is accessed?
Gabriel

Because valcom paging adapters need dtmf signal you have to hook them to an available CO port. The F codes for paging can't provide dtmf to extrn paging port.

I access the Valcom by pressing external speaker (F62) then press 1-2-3 on the touch pad for zones, or press 4 for all zones and that works ok.
I think what Marv is talking about is for talkback?? I don't have any CO ports it's all T1.
I wonder if theres a way to program a button with a string of commands like, F62 1

you have to send the valcom unit it's access digit separately from the feature code button. (makes it sound kinda hokey when you are using feature 630 then 0 to hit all page.)

I have done a work around on that by using some old 7208's and connecting the headset jack to PA Zone in on the zone amps. then assign the 7208's to the different zones and use Feature 611 on a button for zone one F612 for zone two etc. (you want to make sure that the handset is actually unhooked from the handset cord or you can get some pickup from the earpiece.)

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

That sounds interesting, could you elaborate and I guess T7100 would work? we ended up with like 20 spares.

The 7100 sets have no headset port, only a port for auxilliary ringer

If you hook up the Valcom to an unused CO line port- assign that line to the sets, Label it "PAGE Zones". The CO port button will grab the connected Valcom dialtone then press the associated Zone Code"

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Most of the time when you see overhead paging there also would be telephones in the same areas. I wouldtry to have the telephones set up in the same zone numbers as the overhead. If you use another telephone assigned to the same group as the input to the zone's amp then you can avoid having to dial an additional digit for the overhead zone into the ZPM.

sprucegrover is right the 7100's dont have the headset port but I have seen instances where the phone was taken apart and PA input leads soldered directly onto the speaker contacts. this would work.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

If you have a Valcom 3 zone page unit, why are you dialing F62-1/2/3/4 etc.etc.???? Go with a CO trunk port, set the Valcom for dial tone. You go off hook, you get Valcom dial tone and you Dial 0 for "All Page", Dial 1 for "Zone 1", Dial 2 for "Zone 2", Dial 3 for "Zone 3".

BerettaMan, when you are using a combination of inside (telephone set) paging zones and area matched overhead paging zones then the extra dialed number for the overhead zone comes across on the inside paging.

also manay customers like to be able to have a different button for each zone that they page from and not push a button and then dial a number.

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back