Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XMLImport documents including version metadata [Category]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankar

Programmer
Mar 31, 2008
US
Hi,

When I try to import documents with multiple versions, which has same category but over the period of time the category had multiple versions too, for eg. version1-category_ver2, version2-category_ver5, version3-category_ver6. In CS10 SP2 2016-06 when I do a xmlexport with verioninfo=all, I get the metadata for all the versions within the XML, but while importing only latest version gets added to latest Category and rest of version has no metadata in it.

in CS 10.5 when I do a xmlexport with versioninfo=all, I get category metadata only for latest version and others skipped.

Any idea when CS 10 not importing version metadata, also cs 10.5 not exporting all the version category metadata?

Thanks!

Ask OT forum this same question you may get a good response on why they think old category versions cannot be manipulated by a API.
If this was important to you I would learn or hire a good Oscripter.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thanks Appu, I did sent in ticket and got the response back from OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back