Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xen Master- Blinking Feature 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetterChoice

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2005
AU
Probably a stupid question but what went wrong?
The feature button on my phone on port 2(101) started blinking today and stopped ringing when it is caled from either an inside or outside line.

Someone explain please??

Well, without knowing what kind of system you have, it's hard to tell. BUT, it sounds like you're in DND mode. If it's a key system, try picking up the phone and dialing 42. If you have a DND button, press that.

You can also try calling the extension from another (display) phone. It should tell you when you dial that extension if it's in DND, forward, etc.

--Greg

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Thanks greg, life saver. Had me stumped. The Phone system was in the title of the thread (Xen Master, the phones are all 16 button displays) but hey thats ok you solved my problem without even needing to know it.

Just another quick question, should i have been able to see that an extension had DND, FWD or BNA set by looking in the programming menu? or do these features need to be set/unset at each specific station?

"Smart people learn fast, but smarter people learn that learning fast isn't fast enough."

Daniel

Hey BTW, you have been the only person to help me so far. Thankyou very much.

Would you find, that being able to access a tech support page for the Xen system, would be interesting?

If so i can share my secret...

BSU Software, IPK & Xen MAT, Co-Session, Major Tech Support Q & A's...

Sorry I haven't been on the forums in a while.... been busy with my 16 year old daughter coming to live with me.

If you have a display phone, and you dial an extension that is in DND mode, it should say that. I know on like the IPK systems, if you dial a station that is in DND, or fowarded, etc. from a display phone, it will tell you what's going on. A great time saver. :D

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back