Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSUS on a Closed Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

enbw

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
Hi,

We have been asked to investigate how to install 2003 WSUS on a closed network. I imagine there could be two aspects;
1) The installation of the Update server.
Does this require an internet connection either for the base install or somesort of verification etc.
2) The actual process of update the content on the WSUS server. I am guessing that we could copy the contect from another WSUS but I am not sure if this is possible or correct.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a WSUS that has access to the internet? if so you can export the metadata from this and import into the closed network server.

"Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary, and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

hi,

thanks for the quick reply, we do have one connected to the internet. In terms of creating a new would you advise the following;

1) Create Base Server (stand alone ,connected to the internet)
2) Create WSUS
3) Attach server to the closed domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back