Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing Map Output to a Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSTXEAI

Technical User
Aug 1, 2006
IN
Hi All,

Is it possible to store output(XML) of a map in a variable in memory instead of writing into a file and placing in a directory.

Operating system: Sun Solaris
Mercator Version: 5.0/7.5

Regards
DSTXEAI

What exactly are trying to do? It is possible to pass the whole data as a blob during runtime.

Thanks for your response dennys.

My requirement is I want to keep the output XML in memory so that My java class will read the XMl from memory instead of reading from a file.

Can you please give a small example on how to pass the data as a blob.

Thanks
DSTXEAI

As long as you are inside DSTX, you can pass the whole cards in a single variable. I am not sure how you will be calling your java class. If you are using EXIT function to call your class, you may not be able to pass the data. But if you use adapter for java class, you can use put function and directly pass the whole xml to the adapter, which will pass the data to a corresponding varibale. For more informataion, you can look at the java class adapter in help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back