Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write Conflict - Force Drop Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelbrown

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
US
Hello!

I have a bound form in a multiuser Access 2000 db that is set to "no locks" (optimistic locking). Pessimistic Locking ("Edited Record") is not viable because I'm using sql queries as the recordsource for the form, which will only use Page Locking (which locks several records in the db). The only way I've allowed the records to be navigated is by selecting from a combo box which then finds the record you've selected.

Does anyone know how to force "drop changes" when a write conflict occurs (the default pop-up for this situation gives 3 options: copy to clipboard, overwrite changes, and drop changes). I've tried trapping the write conflict in the OnError event for the form. I can trap it there and use me.undo, but I keep running into problems such as "Previous Operation Canceled" because the afterupdate for the combo box keeps running (the combo is involved because the update record was triggered when the user tried to navigate to another record, which saves the data in the current record first).

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back