Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 problem saving to 2K3 network share

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSwaity

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
CA
My problem is I have a user who is using Windows 98 SE, Office 2000 and Symantec AntiVirus Corporate V9. Those are the only things installed (besides drivers and stuff) What is happening is every time she tries to save to my Windows 2K3 server, she gets an error message, "The save failed due to out of memory or disk space. (P:\DRIVE PATH)" I have plenty of space left, over 100 gigs, and her computer's memory is fine, she has 512, and just for word processing, thats good enough. One thing to note, I can't save these documents from word to my server, but I can save it locally and then copy it to the share through Explorer. What I've done:

Updated Windows
Updated Antivirus
Checked the virtual memory
Ran Office's 'Detect and Repair'

Thanks in advance for any ideas/solutions.

Don't use mappeed drives: always use UNC paths. Open Tools, Options, File Locations and change all the network paths to UNC.

Has Norton Anti Virus ever been installed on that workstation prior to NAV Corporate?

Regards: tf1

Hi there,
Can you please explain UNC paths more to me?

Yes, norton antivirus was on there before I switched to Symantec corporate.

Most of your queries have been answered. One point not covered by the MSKB article is any vestiges of the NAV install remaining in registry.

If you uninstalled Norton then the DLL for the Office Plug-in may still be registered.

Search for officeav.dll and if found go to Start/Run and run the following command:

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"

In the above example the path for "Officeav.dll" would depend on the location of the DLL.

I hope that one of these solutions will solve your problem.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back