Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 creating form fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWmiller

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
I have relatively 200 created Word documents that are used internally at the company used to fax, attach to emails, type as invoices, send letters, employment applications, etc.

There is one major problem.
Whoever first created these documents manually formatted them without the use of tables and fields, so therefore if you type in the documents, the words start to move over as you type causing the positioning of the text distort the layout of the document once you've type several characters. My colleagues find it very annoying because they may not notice until they have typed an entire line or after they have printed the document.

If you are having trouble understanding my dilema, just picture if you were to type up a job application and instead of using the Fields option properly, you just hit the SHIFT plus the minus(-) key to make an underlined space n place of a field. It looks fine until you have to type in it.

So my question is, is it possible to go back through each document and replace each "intended to be field" with a actual field by just deleting the underlined spacing and inserting proper fields?

If so, can someone please get me started. I refered to the MS Word Help files, but I am still having difficulties understanding how they work. It will be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading the lengthy post.

Dreamboat,

it's funny; I was just browsing all the post and I saw the link and decided to follow it (usually something I ignore). Sure enough, I find my exact dilemma on the site. I'll be sure review it when I get back to work in the morning. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back