Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WISS error: bad database header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atquevale

Technical User
May 14, 2001
IT
Every time I backup a specific remote client, backup failes. The error message is:

save: WISS error, bad database header

There is only one client that fails (the others remote servers are backupped normally). Is this a client or a server error? I need help!!
Legato server is a UNIX server (Solaris OS); the Legato client that fails; Version: 5.5.1
Thanks.

One of most common failures on pre 6.x servers was client index corruption due to the WISS formatting. They changed that in 6.x and I haven't had client index corruption since upgrading three months ago.

That's what you have there. I don't know Unix very well so I don't know how to enter them in that environment, but the NT commands for clearing it up are:

nsrck -F (clientname)
nsrim -X
nsrck -X (clientname)

These may run for a while. They should find the errors and fix them unless your index is extremely corrupted, in which case you will need to recover it from tape.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your help.
I will try what you suggest and I will let you know later.

Thanks again.

Thanks! The commands you suggested completely fix the problem!

Thanks again, rgzimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back