Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedew1

Programmer
Oct 26, 2005
DE
I have 3 computers:
Computer A ( Client XP )
Computer B ( win 2003 Server + IIS + my C# webapp )
Computer C ( win 2003 Server + SQL SERVER )

comunication :
A -> b -> c

I am login on the Compueter A ( to domain ) and run the Internet Expolrer , then I connect to the Computer B (in doamin too) and Computer B try connect to the Computer C (in domain too) .
Is it possible that in all this communication will be use windows authentication ??? all the computers are in the same domain - but computer B and C are always log off
When I move the webapp on the Computer A and I'm Logged to the domain and I have on the Computer A IIS then webapp works fine ( it's access to the SQL SEVER by the Windows Authentication ) , when I move webapp on the Computer B and I run the webapp from Computer A then I have no access to the SQL SERVER - there's no access to the SQL Server there's no windows authentication - only when I'm logged to the domain on the Computer B a run webapp on this Computer B

?????????

bye,
sorry for my english

bye,

This will not work in your current config. For you to use Windows Auth in this manor the web server and the SQL server need to be on the same server. Here is the MSKB related to this issue
Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

hello:)
so this is a very bad problem :(
I was thinking that IIS takes Autentication and send it to SQL SERVER :(

bye

It does, however the SQL Server won't accept the authentication becuase the web server isn't the machine that verified the user's password against the domain controller. For it to work the way you want to you need to switch from integrated to clear text authentication.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back