Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 TOUCHSCREEN capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsoft

Programmer
Aug 27, 2008
IE
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E145. I hate Windows 8, so when I ordered the product I paid a small amount to degrade to Windows 7. There's a Microsoft product called WINDOWS TOUCH, which should allow me to use my fingers rather than a mouse with O/S Windows 7. However when I try to install Windows Touch, there are incompatibility issues with the Thinkpad's screen. But ..... since the "normal" O/S on the Thinkpad is Windows 8 -- surely the screen should be "touchable"?! Is there a driver missing, or some other solution ?

No, it isn't "touchable". This is a low end laptop, barely above a netbook, and it has no digitizer, nor does it come with an option to have a digitizer. Understand that ALL OEMs will sell the product with the latest Windows version, that doesn't mean it has to contain a touch screen.

I concur with rclarke, That model of Thinkpad does not have a touch screen. Its a regular HD Antiglare screen.

Just because it can run Windows 8 does not mean its touch enabled.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Thanks guys ..... I was (wrongly) of the opinion that touchscreen was a given/prerequisite/requirement for W8. Roll on W10 !

Yep - that's kinda obvious - if the screen ain't touchable, it ain't touchable.
When I say "Roll on W10" I'm really saying it'll be nice to be rid of W8. W10 is bound to be a hit - Microsoft don't release 2 bad consecutive major upgrades - when they get it wrong, they make sure to get it right next time. W95 bad/W98 good. XP good/Vista bad/W7 good. W8 ...../W10 .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back