Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K answer file setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2004
US
After I've completed setupmgr.exe I would like to use my answer file on a floppy disk in conjunction with the Win2K Pro installation CD. What files need to be on the floppy disk, because when I copy the unattend.txt to the floppy disk the Windows installation ignores the file on the floppy disk totally and goes through a regular install without being fully automated which is what I chose during the creation of the answer file. What am I doing wrong!

You need to rename the unattend.txt file to winnt.sif. W2K will only detect it if its in that form.

Yes I have done that, forgot to mention it, I've renamed the unattend.txt to winnt.sif but its giving an error on a certain line in the script. I've checked my unattend.txt file and everything should be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back