Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win 7 Chrome and Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonL2

Technical User
Jan 22, 2013
US
I have a very weird problem that I can't figure out.
After a system restart, I can open Opera and Chrome once. If I close the browsers, then try to open them again they never load. I can do a user Logoff windows, then log back on and both browsers will again open once, but fails a 2nd time. AVAST browser, Firefox and Tor does not have this problem. Only Chrome and Opera. Anyone know what those two share that would cause this?

Open task manager - check if they are still running when you have closed them. Try re-running when they are no longer "running" i.e. completey disappeared from task list

Not in task manager or in an active process. With Opera at least I get a message that says I don't have the right privileges.. but my privileges were right to open it the first time

Windows 7 was a good OS, but unfortunately it has not been supported for several years..
But you can try this:

If the two browsers worked before, then with System Restore try to restore your system to earler time when it worked.

If it didn't worked before try to reinstall the two browsers into an folder different from "Program Files". Install them into a folder that you created beforehand.

Windows 7 was a good OS, but unfortunately it has not been supported for several years.

True, but that doesn't mean that the browsers should no longer load.

I've got several users happily using Windows 7, and while it is not without problems, they are no more common than with other versions of the OS.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back