Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does Quark create a very large PDF file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircsaba

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
CA
I'm using Quark 4 and 5 and I've put a small JPG image, approx. 30kb file size, on a new document and then print it to a PDF file and the size of the file is approx. 15mb ?? When I do the same with Microsoft Word, the file size is 140kb ?? Why is this ??

I would like to put my pamplet that I'm creating on the web but if the size is huge as explained above, then I can't put it on the web !!! Also when we print the document on our printer, it takes forever because of the picture size. The minute we take the picture out of the document, then it prints quickly !!

Why is this and how is this and how can I avoid this ?

Regards

Are you using Distiller to create PDF? If you are using the print driver for Distiller, you still have to setup how you wish to distill the PDF. Or you can create a .ps (postscript) file and then open Distiller to correctly create your PDF file to web friendly compression settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back