Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why 2 names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjch

Technical User
May 26, 2006
GB
Hello everyone i'm new,

This is probably a stupid question but why is there a PROJECT name and a LAYOUT name for each Quark document? It becomes a pain when saving as PS, PDF's etc (having to make sure names are identical).

Please tell me there is a way of getting rid of one or give me a DAMN good explanation why there's the need for 2.

Thanks in advance
sjch

A project can contain several layouts. For example, you could have all the business stationery for a company stored in a project with a different layout for letterheads, business cards, etc.

One of the great things about this is that you can use features such as Synchronized Text to update common details in one go, so if the address or phone number changes, you don't have to open each individual item. You just change it in one place and it updates all the way through the project.

...yes, pro's and con's to this feature, even more a pain when a doc corrrupts and you lose everything in large projects. This has happened to me at great expense, since then i went back to old method of single quark docs...

andrew

I can set how the filename appears with Preferences > Custom Slug Lines. I think this xtension come with the 6.5 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back