Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

which Programming Language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nphani

Technical User
Feb 10, 2002
US
Hi Friends,
I have a requirement and I have to decide the programming language that can be used for the task. The requirement goes as follows:

A window with a Real Media video file playing on the Left side and a powerpoint presentation running on the right side. The Powerpoint and video are related (say a course class where the professor's teaching is recorded in the .rm file while the powerpoint he uses is the powerpoint to be displayed. The relation here being that he speaks 'about' the current powerpoint slide).
There should be a slide-bar which will let us to move to a particular slide of the presentation. The movie too should slide to the place related to the current active slide.

Hope I am clear. I am not sure what prg lang to use to achieve this. My first thought was to use VB. But I am not sure. Can anyone suggest me any suitable language.

Just to add more.. I was talking about only the real media type of files. instead, any video files would do...

Also, I was only talking about changing the current active slide.. but even the video file should be slide-able and the presentation should change accordingly.

Thanx in advance,
Phani

VB.net works better than C# any time you have to interact with an MS Office program. Both will work, but VB does a lot of things automatically. It sets default values by itself, whereas with C#, you have to make sure you set those default values yourself.

I'm very impressed with C#, but any time you have to interact with Excel, PowerPoint, or Word, VB seems the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back