Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the lpsystem command? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradamus

Technical User
May 3, 2000
SE
What do this command do?
Where can I find it? Does it have an equivalent in Sco Openserver 5.0.5?
I might need it to install a printserver.

Can anyone help me? Nostradamus

Where did you see this command ? (lpsystem command)

Is this something used on another flavor of unix ?

Please provide some more detail

-Danny

I think it´s included in Unixware.

I´m trying to install a safe/secure printing sollution where users pull a card through a card reader to get their printjobs. I found the command in the papers that came with the hardware.

The command is used to tell the printsystem that a printserver exists as a remote printing host.

the command doesn´t exist in Openserver though. Nostradamus

Are you looking for "mkdev rlp" run once then "rlpconf"?
To configure a printer on a remote server?

What I want, shortly, is to send jobs to a remote lpd server (NT4 Server)

Question: How do a setup the local que to send the jobs to the NT machine?

I ran Scoadmin and added the printer as a remote unix (lpd) printer. I then managed to send the printjobs, and I used the card to pull them out. However I don´t know what scoadmin did to add the printer. I don´t like "graphic" menus that do stuff behind my back.

Question2: do you think scoadmin ran the rlpconf command? I think it did, cause everything that command does is done when using scoadmin.

Question3: The print jobs looks awful. Ideas anyone? I´ve tried switching models (lpadmin -p[que] -m [model]) without luck.

Thanks for the tip clocke2000... I´ve never seen that command before. /Sören

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back