Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird GroupWise 5.5 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlarson

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2003
US
I am fairly new to the Novell and GroupWise world and I have come across an issue that I can't seem to figure out nor find any information on.

One of the users I support is with a law firm and this person needs to be able to print email conversations for lawyer reasons. The problem is that the email only holds the last two entries of the converstation. For some reason once the conversation gets past two replies long the email won't hold the oldest or original messages.

This is GroupWise 5.5 client running on W2K workstation. This issue is only happening with this user.

Would anyone have any suggestions for this??

Thanks

Groupwise gives a user the option to include the original message in a reply. This option can be turned on and off, do check to ensure that all users in the e-mail thread have this option enabled by default and leave it enabled. That way you can get an e-mail thread you user is looking for.

There are also third party products that will actually order your mail in a thread format. I haven't seen nore used it in about 2 years, but last I looked, ContactWise would order messages in a thread format to follow an e-mail conversation. Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple [rofl]

Thanks for the information!

Where would I find this option?

When you click on the reply button, it is the in the reply options box that comes up before the message compose window comes up. The last setting used is saved and used for the next message replied to. Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple [rofl]

Right on... Thanks for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back