Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webmail - Exchange Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmanzel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2002
CA
I am currently on a trip in asia and want to use our companies webmail. Most of the time I have no problem, but in some countries it loads up but gets stuck with by inbox and it just says Loading...

I have my ActiveX Controls enabled but still no luck?

I am using the latest version of Internet Explorer 6.0.28

Can anyone help...how do I get to see the emails in my inbox?

I have seen this problem before. in my situation changing the view settings fixed the problem. when you get into inbox. on the menu there is a button to sort your view, you no by date, sender, subject. change it to something else. please let me know if that fixes the problem

Thanks, PAUL

Nope that doesn't do the trick...still loading

ok in my situation i could see anything else but the inbox..i could see sent items..deleted..calendar...but just not the inbox? do you have the same problem?

Thanks, PAUL

Hey one very important question..are you using your computer? or a computer in asia?

Thanks, PAUL

I am using my laptop and I can't see any folders. On the left it just shows inbox and public folders.

When it goes to load the Inox it just say done at the bottom with no errors.

emm.. i would try using a different profile on your laptop. see what that does for u..does it work on another computer? if it does try another computer in your location..how are u accessing the internet? maybe that have things blocked..

Thanks, PAUL

its your connection thats the problem OWA takes ages to load over a fast dial up .i doubt asia has a telco system upto the job. then theres this end if your server is being heavliy used it will slow OWA down even more next theres the internet its self if your isp is @ peak you`ll suffer what the gamers call Lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. (latency to us)

just to check though:

if the PC worked fine in the UK, it is LATENCY. LAG is for gamers who should not be using this site (oops, rant mode off please).

if the PC has not been tested, try IE security settings.

I have seen thins before as well. Never found a fix, but I didn't have access to the remoter PC to troubleshoot.

The remote PC was able to log into another mailbox when signed in as another User, but not to one particular user/email combo. Other remote PC's have no problem with that paricular problem account, so I think the problem is on the PC rather than rights or configurations on the server side.

I wonder if it has anything to do with cache, temp files, etc. ??

Ok new twist....same computer using a dialup...yes a dialup at 16.1 kb/s Web Acess works just fine...a little slow but just fine...don't think it is lag...So broadband at 256 kb/s doesn't work but dial up does...what could this be?

broadband can have more latency than a dial up even one at 16.1 kb/s chances are if its Asia the broadband will be satallite ive seen over 2 seconds of latency on theese connections and the best ive seen it 800ms.

Also some ISP now block port numbers on there broadband service to stop joe public running there own servers
(i.e spammers)

Good point DG659. Come to think of it, the problem PC that I described above is using a Satellite connection as well.

BUt what still doesn't make sense on my situation, is that the problem PC can log into one account, but not another. Maybe it is the difference in volume of the mailboxes over that type of connection ? ?

Just outta curiousity, have you tried clearing the cache of the affected machine(s)? i.e. Tools->Internet Options->Delete Files->Delete all offline content->ok.

I know it's kinda simplistic, but we shouldn't forget the basics here.... :)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back