Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webhost server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

elaborate

Technical User
Jun 12, 2004
US
Hi, previous question a little vague. Please help. trying to host personal website. using isp provided 2wire router and owned hp netserver e 50. Registered name with registrar and configured web server using microsoft directions. Plugged in primary and secondary dns address provided by isp in tcp/ip properties. with obtain ip addresses automatically. I can ping my ip address, but can not view the site from the outside world. error page cannot be displayed appears.

I contacted my register who says that I must provide them with the names of my a&b servers?

Why can't I test the site first by entering: ip address and view the page?

Your help is appreciated greatly.

thanks so much for the replay caddnima...I have been sitting in front of this box for hours.

Question, I must forward my domain to my static ip address, sorry for being a dunce, but is this something that I can do or is it a registrar function? And If, something, I must do, please tell me where these changes are to be made.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back