Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

WxlittlemanxK

Technical User
May 21, 2003
US
Whenever i try to go on a site other than like pbs.com this program called Go Back restricts my access, saying it is unfit. Can anyone tell me a way to either get around or disable this program? thx

Hit ctrl+alt+delete and go to applications. Highlight 'Go Back' and hit 'End Task' wait for it to shut down. If you get a message like 'this program is not responding', hit 'End task' again. This will stop it interfering, but will not stop it for good.

I have never heard of the 'Go Back' program, but you may want to disable this altogether. Follow this:

Go to start>programs>startup and see if there is any reference to 'Go Back' in there. If there is, delete it. If there isn't, copy msconfig from a Windows XP machine onto your machine, otherwise search for msconfig on the net, and copy it to your machine. Msconfig belongs in the directory:

C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries

Go to start>run and type: msconfig

Then go to the startup tab and look for any reference to the 'Go Back' program, and uncheck it. This should solve the problem.

Is this a computer at work, with GoBack being used to control user access ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back