Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web mail logon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdwil

Technical User
Jan 13, 2004
US
I am useing WinXP home and Internet Explorer vs 6.0
When I try to logon to my web mail there is a two step process, the first logon screen takes my logon ID and password then when I get to the next page and click view mail it kicks me back to the first logon screen. This only happens on my account. If I change to one of the other accounts I am able to get into my Web-Mail or if I go to a different computer I am able to get my web mail.

I have removed all cookies and I am running a up to date virus scan. I also cleaned up computer with AdAware and spypot. I run the windows and I.E. upgrades.

Is there a file or a reg HKEY that can be removed to fix this problem

Can you log into any secure web sites with this user account? If the answer is no, carefully and thoroughly go throught all the links in Thread608-793296.

Yes I am able to access my back accounts. I just found out that I am able to get into my web mail if I lower the Privacy level to Accept all cookies under the I.E. tool folder, but on other computers or other accounts I am able to get in with the I.E. options set to Default settings Medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back